Our department started functioning from 2004 with facilities of dedicated dialysis center equipped with the state-of-art dialysis machines, RO (Reverse Osmosis) water treatment plant. We have intensive care units for management of critically ill renal disease patients. We are doing maintenance hemodialysis (around 400 patients per month) for End stage renal disease patients with excellent quality care. We provided round of clock emergency service in dialysis unit and other ICUs with well experienced doctor, dialysis technician and staff nurses for management of renal disease patients.
- Preventive Kidney Screening programme
- Education to patients
- Diagnosis, management and follow up of Kidney diseases (SLE with Lupus Nephritis, other diseases of glomeruli and interstitium, multiple myeloma with cast nephropathy)
- Diagnosis and management of Primary (Essential) Hypertension and Renal complications.
- Early diagnosis and management of Renal complications of Diabetes Mellitus (Diabetic Nephrology).
- Early diagnosis and management of Secondary Hypertension (Renal Hypertension)
- Management of chronic kidney disorders
- Management of early stages of Renal impairment and also preparation and planning for Renal replacement therapy
- Management of acute renal failure and critically ill patients
- Snake bite poisoning ( viper bite )
- Leptospirosis , dengue and chickengunya , trauma and drug related acute renal failure
- Dialysis programme
- Maintenance hemodialysis, SLED (Sustained low efficiency dialysis for critically ill renal failure)
- CAPD (Continuos ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
- Plasmapheresis for renal and other autoimmune diseases (Guillen Barrie Syndrome , renal and Lung Vasculitis)
- Hemoperfusion technique for poisoning cases- Drug overdosage (LITHIUM, BARBITURATE etc)
- Central venous line catheter insertion for critical ill patients
- Femoral catheterization for hemodialysis
- KARL STORZ Endovision Neuroendoscope with Video recorder and Color monitor Lyca M525 f40 operating neuroscope.
- Internal jugular catheterization for hemodialysis
- Permacath placement for hemodialysis
- CAPD catheter insertion Percutaneous method for peritoneal home dialysis
- KIDNEY BIOPSY Gold standard for diagnosis of kidney diseases
Our team consist of doctors, dialysis technicians and enough number of staff nurses capable of monitoring patients on dialysis and assisting all procedures in the unit . All together it is a team work of success.
At present we have all latest models of eight dialysis machines (European made GAMBRO, FREZENIUS , ART PLUS , B BRAUN DIALOG PLUS) with capability of different facilities or modalities of dialysis support (hemodialysis , slow extended dialysis (SLED) for critically ill hemodynamically unstable patients in ICU). We have a renovated RO plant with water tank (stainless steel) capacity of 1000 liters provide ultrapure water supply to patients on dialysis unit and to patients admitted in all ICUS, include Medical ICU , Coronary Care Unit, Gastro, Neuromedical, Neurosurgical, Ventilatory and post transplant ICU. Pure water supply is very important in providing quality of dialysis to renal failure patients.