Neurosurgery with Stereotactic & Video Neuro Endoscopic Surgery
Neurosciences: The specialty concerned with the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of disorders of the human nervous system. The human nervous system. Composed of the brain, the spinal cord and countless nerve fibers, this vast, complex network is our life source. It controls our ability to think, to feel, to move. Within each of us, it holds the key to our individuality, stores the memories of our past, and harnesses the promise of our future.
Today, our department is the largest neurosurgical service provider in Thrissur performing more than 300 procedures annually.
We are dedicated to the mission healing individuals afflicted with disorders of the nervous system. If you choose our hospital for your care, we will do absolutely everything we can to identify and eliminate the cause of the unsettling symptoms that brought you to us. We will work diligently to restore your health and sense of well-being.
By constantly improving surgical and non-surgical procedures, introducing new minimally invasive techniques and emphasizing state-of-the-art treatments, we reduce patient discomfort and recovery time.
The department of Neurosurgery is equipped with the infrastructure to deal with the entire spectrum of neurosurgical disorders. We know that each individual patient has a unique problem that requires carefully developed treatment options -- sometimes surgical, sometimes not.
- Cerebrovascular Disease (Strokes, Aneurysms, and AVMs)
- Neuro-Oncology (Brain Tumors)
- Pituitary Disorders
- Skull Base Disorders (Acoustic Neuroma, Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Spinal Disorders
- Head and Spine trauma
- Cranial surgeries
- Neuro oncology (Brain tumours) & skull base tumours
- Vascular surgeries for intra cranial aneurysms & vascular malformation
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for hydrocephalus
- Endoscopic pituitary surgeries
- Spine Surgery
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Endoscopic disc surgery for lumbar and cervical disc
- Spinal instrumentation and stabilization procedures
- Intraspinal tumours
- Cranio vertebral junction surgeries
- Cervical arthroplasty (artificial disc replacement)
- Peripheral nerves and Brachial plexur surgeries
Our training, clinical experience, and scientific research are driven by a sincere dedication to excellent medical care. We have compassion for the patients we treat and for the families who care for them. We are fortunate to have excellent facilities and technologically advanced equipment to help us treat neurological diseases
- Modern surgical microscope: MOLLER-WEDEL Operative microscope with digitally controlled video camera.
- Advanced image-guided stereotactic system: PATIL stereotactic system II with Watts head holder compatible with MRI and CT scanners.
- KARL STORZ Endovision Neuroendoscope with Video recorder and Color monitor Lyca M525 f40 operating neuroscope.
- Medtronic MIDAS REX Legend Electrical High Speed System for Craniotomy, osteotomy, laminotomy, corpectomy, foraminotomy and Skull base surgeries.
- Motorized operating table for convenient patient positioning during surgery.
- C- Arm Image intensifier for Cranial & spinal surgeries.
- Exclusive Neurosurgery dedicated operating theatre.
- 10 bedded Multi-Modality Monitoring Neuro intensive Care Unit with state-of-the-art monitoring techniques Invasive and Non invasive blood pressure, CVP, Sp O2, ET CO2, ECG etc..
- 24 hour Whole body CT and MRI scanners
All these help in improving patient outcome by reducing operative complications