Rheumatic diseases affect population belonging to all age groups. Rheumatology deals with diseases associated with various joint diseases affecting both adults and pediatric population, autoimmune diseases and other diseases related to connective tissues and vessels. The department provides comprehensive state of the art care to various diseases affecting joints, connective tissues and vessels affecting all age groups.
The disease are associated with considerable morbidity and cripples a human life. In contrast to the past where the patient had to live with the deformities and pain, a near normal and completely productive life is now guaranteed if the disease is detected sufficiently early. With the ultra-rapid advances occuring in this particular field, an accurate diagnosis is made possible without delay and comprehensive management is now available for almost all diseases.
Excellent physiotherapy support makes the care for arthritis patients easier and complete.
Diseases covered under the specialty includes
- Arthritis - Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Psoriatic arthritis and other Spondyloarthritis diseases, Infective arthritis etc.
- Connective tissue diseases - Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE/Lupus), Scleroderma (Systemic sclerosis), Sjogrens Syndrome etc.
- Vasculitic diseases
- Fibromyalgias and regional pain syndromes
- Metabolic bone diseases- Gout, Osteoporosis, Diabetes related joint diseases etc.
- Pediatric joint problems such as JIA, Autoinflammatrory syndromes
- Supportive management for Degenerative joint diseases such as Osteoarthritis, DISH etc.
- Various other immunological and joint related diseases such as Sarcoidosis, Behcets etc.