Orthopedic Surgical services at Elite are delivered with a focus on the use of the latest in specialist medical technology in concert with expert clinical care. Our operating rooms are equipped with cutting edge equipment for orthopaedic surgery, and a dedicated Intensive Care Unit for post-operative care Our internationally recognised orthopaedic rehabilitation programme ensures that all of our patients are returned to their homes and families as soon as clinically possible.
The Orthopedic Department provides surgical and medical expertise to deal with the prevention or correction of injuries and disorders of the skeletal system and associated muscles, joints and ligaments. The orthopedic consultants are also available for 24 hours trauma service to manage patients with complicated trauma and injury like fractures and dislocations.
- Severe secondary Osteoarthritis
- Severe pain and deformity
Knee replacement,or knee arthroplasty,is a common surgical procedure most often performed to relieve the pain and disbility from degenerative arthritis,most commonly osteoarthritis,but other arthritis as well,maor causes of debilitating pain include meniscus tears ,Osteoarthritis ,cartilage defects,and ligament tears.
Knee replacement surgery can be performed as a partial or a total knee replacement.In general,the surgery consists of replacing the diseased or damaged joint surfaces of the knee with metal and plastic components shaped to allow continued motion of the knee.
Arthroscopy is keyhole surgery of the joints. A telescope that resembles pencil is inserted in to the joints through a small hole. Special instruments can be introduced into the joints through small hole and correction can be made in the while looking at the minor .We routinely do the knee, shoulder and ankle arthroscopy.
- small incision<2cm
- Minimal Trauma to soft tissues
- Very early return to wok<2cm
- Only the pathology is removed
- No join stiffness<2cm
- Very less blood loss.
- Reduction and fixation of all fractures or dislocation of the upper and lower limbs
- Repair of all tendon and muscle injuries of upper and lower limbs
- Treatment of thoracolumbar spine fractures
- Hemiarthroplasty of the hip joint
- Total joint replacement of the hip and knee for severe osteoarthritis or other
- Non-infectious disease of the joints
- Spine Surgery
- Discectomy for prolapsed intervertebral disc
- Decompression surgery of spinal stenosis with or without fusion
- Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic meniscal repair
- Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy
- Arthroscopic debridement and lavage of osteoarthitic knee
- Pediatric Orthopedic
- Treatment of developmental dysplastic hip/congenital hip dislocation (closed method and surgery)
- Treatment of congenital clubfoot (closed manipulation and surgery)
- Closed reduction and surgery of all trauma of the upper and lower limbs
- Orthopedic Infection
- Treatment of osteomyelitis Treatment, including lavage, of septic arthritis
- Treatment of diabetic foot infection
- Treatment of cellulitis, necrotizing fasciitis, and gangrene
- Other common orthopedic problems e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, golfers elbow, de Quervain tenosynovitis, trigger finger, mallet finger, jumpers knee, Achilles tendinitis, etc.